As The Homestead Atlanta continues to grow, we're looking for a brave soul eager to plumb the depths of self-reliance and sustainability education with us. Think you've got what it takes?
It's pretty simple: we need a Jack-of-All-Trades task juggler to help with the odds and ends of course registration, catalog development, student and instructor follow-up, special events, online presence and other good stuff. We'll also need you in attendance for a number of classes to ensure the instructors have the help they need and everything goes smoothly. But that also means a free self-reliance education from some of the state's finest for you! If you've got some online content management experience or event coordination prowess, that wouldn't hurt either.
Think you're the one? Send your resume and a little bit about yourself to email@example.com by 7/15 and we'll get back to you in two shakes of a lamb's tail. Go ahead...embrace the livestock metaphors.
Nitty Gritty: 5-10 hours/wk (most of that class time), location varies weekly (all within the metro-Atlanta area), unpaid position but compensation through class hours and lots of high fives.
What you've got:
- An interest in all skills artisanal, handcrafted, and sustainable
- Strong writing skills; fluency with social media and online communications (Wordpress experience a plus)
- Daytime weekend availability on-site; remote availability throughout the week
- Comfort and ease in interacting with people from all walks of life
- Not afraid to get dirty
- Graphic design or event planning experience would be sweet, not necessary though
- Reliable transportation
What we've got:
- Education on tap: be part of great classes for free (supply fees excluded)
- Green your network: get to know leaders in Atlanta's sustainability movement as well as highly respected artisans and craftspeople
- Build your resume: Due to our partnerships with other organizations and our partnership with Georgia Organics, interning for The Homestead Atlanta is a great way to get connected and see what goes into building a nonprofit program
- Have a good time: there's not much more fun than watching people share and discover skills about which they're passionate. Get on in there!
More about The Homestead Atlanta: Reconnect with the art of authentic living: The Homestead Atlanta seeks to promote the wellbeing of individuals as well as the health of the community and environment through experiential self-reliance and sustainability skills education.