Foxfire Summer Heritage Days is a heritage skills event for children and/or families to have a hands-on experience with crafts such as blacksmithing, ropemaking, animal tracking, native plant identificaiton and much more. Kids and families can attend one day for $40/person or choose to attend both days at a discounted rate of $35/day ($70/person).
It's exciting to see so many adults signing up and enjoying these special days as well. What started out for children has grown and blossomed into a great memory maker for dating couples, vacationing friends, grands and their grandkids.
We are looking forward to seeing our returning friends and making new ones this summer.
1. Blacksmithing: Forge your own hook
3. Old Timey Toys: play with some of our Appalachian toys and make a button on a string to take home.
4. Candle making: Hand-dip beeswax candles
5. Pottery: Hand build your own leaf-pressed dish
1. Walking Sticks: Shape and carve your own walking stick using a drawknife and shaving horse
2. Animal Tracking: Learn to identify 8 common animal tracks of our area, make a booklet of those tracks and a plaster cast of one of them.
3. Tin punch: Make a keepsake using the tin-punch technique.
4. Native Plant Identification: Identify and gather 10-15 different plants of our area.
5. Finger-weave: Learn how to make your own scarf using just your fingers and a ball of yarn.
COST: Kids and families can attend one day for $40/person or choose to attend both days at a discounted rate of $35/day ($70/person); 10% discount for Homestead Atlanta members (with Membership Discount Code)
Your support helps us provide the education to build a more resilient Atlanta. Save on workshops by becoming a member today for only $5 a month!