Luxury meets the apothecary in this fantastic hand-crafted body care workshop with local artisans Aster + Bay. Learn how to bring your skin back into balance with a plant-based skincare routine. We'll discuss how toxic beauty products contribute to aging and steps to make the transition to an effective natural routine using herbs, oils, and clays. During this hands-on workshop, you’ll create several custom body care products from toners and serums to masks and teas to get you started on your natural beauty journey.
About the Instructor:
Aster + Bay was founded by Erin Hammond in 2012 as an outlet to create self-care products while she studied western herbalism. Prior to that, Erin received her graduate degree in Architectural Conservation from the University of Edinburgh. It was during her study of architectural history in Scotland that she developed a love for traditional craft and the preservation of craft methods. Turning to a slightly different medium once back in the States, she began to investigate and study botany, plant folklore and herbal alchemy.
Aster + Bay is now run by Erin and her husband Glen from their studio in the Edgewood neighborhood of Atlanta. Everything is created in house, from formulating and designing products to packing and shipping.
Aster + Bay products are:
- Crafted in the apothecary tradition- by hand, and with intention and care.
- Made with raw plant ingredients only, and never any chemicals, preservatives or synthetics.
- 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
- Made from organic and wild harvested ingredients whenever possible.
- Packaged in recycled glass bottles that are manufactured in the USA.