Join Fabricate Atlanta to focus on sewing (and fitting!) a commercial pattern. We’ll cover the basics (how to read the pattern, what all the terminology and symbols mean and how to navigate the instructions without frustration) and then we’ll work through fitting this pattern to your body measurements. In this session you’ll be making a button down blouse! After four short weeks you’ll leave with a one of a kind garment that you’ll be proud to show off to your friends and family.
Prerequisites: This class assumes that you’ve completed Fabricate's Sewing 102 course or have equivalent skills.
Skills You'll Learn: how to read a pattern, terminology, symbols, taking proper body measurements, pattern layout, cutting, fitting and adjustments.
- July Intensive: class meets Tuesdays & Thursdays, July 10th, 12th, 17th & 19th from 7-9:30pm
- August AM: class meets Tuesdays, August 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th from 10am-12:30pm
- August PM: class meets Tuesdays, August 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th from 7-9:30pm
- October AM: class meets Wednesdays, October 3rd, 10th, 17th & 31st from 10am-12:30pm
- October PM: class meets Wednesdays, October 3rd, 10th, 17th & 31st from 7-9:30pm
Cost: $275 course fee; 15% discount for Homestead Atlanta Members (with Member Discount Code.) Supplies requirements are listed on the supplies tab of the registration page.
Your support helps us provide the education to build a more resilient Atlanta. Save on workshops by becoming a member today for only $5 a month!